Sunday, December 14, 2008

My weekend trip to Roadrage city

Okay the trip started of kinds bad. I woke up late. 3 hours late!! Got on the road and hit rain. Mind you I am driving all by myself with a neighbor friend who doesn’t drive. Then all the damn trucks show up on the turn pike. So about Youngstown I am starting to get a nervous twitch. I looked over to the sleeping passenger and resigned myself to listening to me mutter about the evils of slow drivers. I then get a trucker who wants to block me in. followed by another stupid driver who wants to drive 5 miles under the speed limit.

At this point I am screaming at the infernal drivers to get the hell out of my way. (lots of really really bad words that I will not repeat, EVER!)

Unbeknownst to me we miss the interchange from 80/90/ to 76/70.

So now I am on my way to Maryland, not Dubois. So about mile marker 91 on I-76/70. I look at the ticket and check for Dubois, Its not there> OMG! OMGF! I am so dead. I was supposed to meet my mom at 130pm and its now 330pm she has to be worried. I called my husband talked to him he tried to give me some encouraging directions to an exit and a possible state road. So then I try to call my mom. NO BARS in BFE. Not only that no bars for an hour, in the wrong direction. When I finally get off the interstate I find a little town called Donegal on a little two lane state road we’ll call Bob’s road. Little is right, no damn bars here either. I HATE T-MOBILE!!!!. Verizon here I come.

I finally look down because I had a horrible feeling that since my trip is off so will me gas mileage. I only brought enough for a return trip AND the tolls. But since we have just gone out of our way…..Holy Shit Batman!!!

So I stopped at a gas station and called my mom by accosting a poor unsuspecting generous soul. Nice man. I must have looked like I was going to cry he just handed me the phone and said to take as long as I needed, and he would be in the restaurant next door. (God will bless him!!) I called my hubby after that.

So I found my mom, got my stuff, she left and them started heading home. About two hours coming back some idiots started riding my butt. Now I drive a minivan like it’s a mini cooper, and road rage was already in full swing just for being on the turnpike. So I slowed down and got over. The then got in front of me. And slammed on their brakes. OH NO THEY DIDN’T!! So I hugged his butt for about ten miles till he got off the turnpike then I followed and reported him as a crazy driver. It was two teenagers thinking it was all fun and games. They got a picture of the license plate and were going to send and officer to talk to them. I need a bumper sticker that says “Slow down save a life or speed up and save your own”.


Now I am home and not driving anywhere for a long time.

Rayna

1 comment:

  1. OMG what a horrible trip. Thank God you made it home in 1 piece

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive