Wednesday, December 3, 2008

My New Bio

Once upon a time, there was a beautiful queen who lived in a glorious castle in the forest of Raynaland. Her name was Queen Rayna. She had servants and subjects all around her to do her bidding. She dreamed that one day all this would be passed down to her own children…


 

Then I woke up from that nice and serene dream to this nightmare of a circus life I have today. Hi, my name is Rayna. I am married with 3 horrific children and two neurotic cats. Now everyone else will say my children are "wonderful" and a "delight to watch" or "little angels". I know otherwise and no amount of sugar and bribery will make me say otherwise. Now my husband, Mr. Romance 2002, is not good in social situations. He also thinks he can fix just about anything real cheap; so I let him and "fix it" when he leaves for work the next day. One thing I learned from my mom is to humor and even placate your men, they mean well.


 

Over all I cant complain. I have had a "normal", life as normal goes. My mom raised me and my three brothers and baby sister. My father was never around and I learned to distrust people at an early age. I was the oldest and had to set an example for my siblings because I didn't want them to become a statistic. So I studied hard, obeyed my mother and took care of my family by getting a job and helping with the bills.


 

After high school I really wanted to go to college, I even enrolled. But mostly, I spend my time hanging out and away from home. Then when I turned 22 I realized I had not done anything to better myself and I had no direction in life, I was just floating. With nothing better to do, I joined the US Navy as a nuclear mechanical technician. I stayed in there for 4.5 years (two of which was for schooling). I met and married my current husband. My family through this time was not doing so well so I ended up adopting my two youngest siblings. My mother had a nervous break down of sorts so I tried to help anyway I could. My family ended up doing well for themselves: My brother Stephen became bomb builder, Kevin (the middle child) became a demo expert; Jason, the second youngest, is an expert marksman in the Army and the youngest, Jocelyn, well she is a graphic artist. I think they did well and now I have plenty of nieces and nephews to spoil.


 

Well since leaving the military I have found the loves I had once lost, reading and computer. I have loved reading since my first book call the Dollhouse Murders. I can't remember who is was by but it started me on the literary track that I am on now. I can read about 300 pages a day if I really wanted to. But I usually do about 100 pages for books I want to savor. My favorite authors right now all deal in paranormal romance and horror. As for computer they are my newest crazy or addiction. But I am not too addicted that I can't spend some time with my children. I don't want to alienate them for the computer like some parents have done. Neglect is not the way of a happy home.


 

I have lived a very full life so far, I think. Compared to the average Jane, I have visited numerous countries and seen things that will never be seen by civilian eyes. I have met people that have enriched my life. I have done things that I regret but were fun at the time. I have made plenty of mistakes and most likely will make some more. I only hope to raise my children to believe there are a few things in this world still worth doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive